Paul T. Shoemaker
Phone: 212- 818-9600
Fax: 212- 818-1264
Paul T. Shoemaker is a partner at Greenfield Stein & Senior, LLP. Mr. Shoemaker is a litigator who handles matters in many areas of the law, with a particular focus on employment-related matters and trusts and estates litigation. He has extensive experience with arbitration and mediation, including conducting many hearings before the American Arbitration Association, JAMS, FINRA and other arbitration forums. He has tried numerous cases before judges and juries in the state and federal courts in New York, and has handled and argued many appeals in the state and federal courts.
Mr. Shoemaker graduated from Harvard University magna cum laude in 1975 and from Harvard Law School cum laude in 1978. Prior to joining Greenfield Stein & Senior, he was an associate at Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy, and was a partner at Liddle, Robinson & Shoemaker.
Mr. Shoemaker is active in the New York State Bar Association, and presently serves as Chair of the General Practice Section, and as a delegate to the House of Delegates of the New York State Bar Association. He also is a member of the Board of Directors of The Counseling Center Inc. in Bronxville, New York.
Articles and Publications
- Proof of Wills; Issues Concerning Due Execution and Interested Witnesses, New York State Bar Association, One on One (2010)
- The Employment at Will Doctrine is Alive and Well in New York
- Is There a Right to Severance Pay?
- Inside Legal Secrets on how to Fire an Employee Without Causing Legal Backlash
- Trouble-Free Hiring
- Estate Planning Tools for Changing Circumstances