New York City Estate Litigation Lawyers
GREENFIELD STEIN & SENIOR, LLP, is one of the leading New York law firms involved in litigation regarding wills, trusts, and estates. Estate litigation is a primary focus of our firm and accounts for much of our work in court. We have a team of attorneys- partners and associates - dedicated to estate litigation, and our track record in this area is both extensive and impressive.
Estate Litigation Lawyers With the Experience You Need
We have litigated many well-known probate contests and trust cases involving very substantial assets. If you expect to be involved in a will or trust contest, or a legal dispute involving fiduciary responsibility or an accounting, you will not find any firm better prepared to assist you in court than GREENFIELD STEIN & SENIOR, LLP.
Contact our Manhattan law office to schedule a consultation with one of our estate litigation lawyers. Our firm will provide knowledgeable counsel and, if appropriate, aggressive courtroom representation to family members, beneficiaries, executors, trustees, and others involved in trust or inheritance disputes such as:
- Contested will litigation to dispute the validity of wills on the basis of incompetence of the deceased, undue influence practiced upon the deceased, improper signing or witnessing of the will, forgery, and other grounds
- Trust litigation to challenge or defend the construction of a trust or the actions of a trustee
- Will construction proceedings to clarify ambiguity in a will
- Fiduciary litigation to challenge the actions of an executor or trustee in managing the financial affairs of the estate or trust
- Accounting proceedings to challenge or defend tax issues, investment policies, or accounting procedures in the management of an estate or trust
- Fiduciary removal proceedings to remove a trustee, executor, guardian, or conservator because of misconduct or incompetence
- Spousal rights proceedings to question or establish the rights of a spouse to inherit, and to consider the validity of prenuptial and antenuptial agreements
- Kinship proceedings to question or establish the inheritance rights of more distant relatives
- Claims proceedings to establish who has a claim on assets of an estate (such as business partners or creditors), particularly when the deceased died intestate (there was no valid will in place)
To schedule an appointment to discuss a will contest, estate planning, or the probate process, contact an estate litigation attorney at GREENFIELD STEIN & SENIOR, LLP.
Our Estate Litigation Team
Our estate lawyers are well known in New York for their work in the area of estate litigation. They include a former adjunct professor of Trusts and Estates Law, a commentator for TruTV (formerly Court TV), a frequent lecturer on New York Surrogate's Court law and proceedings, and authors of legal articles regarding trust contents, estate planning in the context of divorce or separation, binding settlements in estate and trust disputes, and other issues regarding estate litigation.