The firm provides advice and representation in all matters pertaining to employment relationships.
Our expertise runs the gamut from negotiating a contract with an incoming executive, to designing policies governing conduct in the workplace, to drafting severance and separation agreements, to representing you and your company if an employment-related claim is made.
We can provide counseling in all areas of employer-employee relations, including:
- Arbitration of grievances
- Advice concerning employee discipline and counseling
- Drafting and negotiation of employment contracts with important employees and executives
- Representing you in connection with audits and investigations by government agencies
- Conducting investigations concerning sexual harassment or other allegations against the company or its employees
- Advice concerning sexual harassment, diversity and equal employment opportunity issues and policies
Drafting, revision and updating of personnel policies, procedures and manuals
- Advice concerning compliance with the myriad of laws governing the workplace, including employee privacy, employee testing, restrictive covenants and trade secrets, employee benefits, wage and hour compliance, and affirmative action
- Dealing with departing executives and negotiating severance and separation agreements.
We have particular expertise in dealing with claims of employment discrimination. Lawyers in the firm have represented employers in connection with employment discrimination claims in the courts, before the EEOC and other administrative agencies, and in arbitration forums.
The firm has expertise and experience handling cases in all major areas of employment discrimination, including:
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Civil Rights Acts of 1866
- Equal Pay Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Sarbanes Oxley Act
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Acts of 1964
Effective handling of employment matters, with the advice of experienced and knowledgeable counsel, is essential for your company in toady's world. If you need help with any such matters, please contact our partner Paul Shoemaker