Parth N. Chowlera
212-818-9282 (Additional Phone)
Parth N. Chowlera, Esq. graduated from St. John's University School of Law in 2005, and was admitted to practice law in New Jersey in 2005 and New York State 2006. As a law student, he was a judicial intern under the Honorable William D. Wall, United States Magistrate Judge, at the United States District Court of the Eastern District of New York. He received his LL.M. in Taxation from New York Law School in 2009.
Prior to joining Greenfield Stein & Senior, Parth was an associate at a Nassau County firm, focusing in estate administration, fiduciary accountings, and tax issues relating to trusts and estates. He also held the position of Counsel and Legal Fellow for an internet-based microfinance organization located in Los Angeles, California. His previous work experience includes estate administration, serving as a court-appointed guardian, preparing fiduciary accountings, identifying potential claims against estates, and litigating commercial and landlord/tenant matters.
Mr. Chowlera is currently on the Board of Directors of Queens Legal Services and the South Asian Bar Association of North America. He is a former President of the South Asian Bar Association of New York.
Mr. Chowlera is a member of the South Asian Bar Association of New York and the New York State Bar Association, where he serves on the Technology Committee of the Trusts & Estates Section.
Areas of Practice
- Administrative Law
- Credit Unions
- Business & Commercial
- Estate Administration
- Estate & Gift Taxation
- New York, 2006
- New Jersey, 2005
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2005
- New York Law School, New York, New York
- LL.M. - 2009
- Major: Taxation
- St. John's University School of Law, Jamaica, New York
- J.D. - 2005
- Queens College / City University Of New York, Queens, New York
- B.A. cum laude - 2001
- Major: History
Honors and Awards
- Dean's List, 1998 - 2001
Professional Associations and Memberships
- South Asian Bar Association of New York, President, 2014 - 2015
- South Asian Bar Association of New York, President-Elect, 2013 - 2014
- South Asian Bar Association of New York, Treasurer, 2011 - 2012
- New York State Bar Association, 2005 - Present