Charles T. Scott
Charles T. Scott joined the firm in 2010 after serving as Chief Clerk and Court Attorney Referee with the Westchester County Surrogate's Court. During his 28 years with the court, Mr. Scott handled complex estate litigations, supervised disclosure, presided over non-jury hearings related to kinship and accountings and mediated settlement agreements in litigations covering the spectrum of Surrogate's Court proceedings.
Mr. Scott presently serves on the Executive Committee of the New York State Bar Association, Trusts and Estates Law Section, and is a member of the Surrogate's Court Advisory Committee to the Chief Administrative Judge of the Courts of the State of New York, where he is instrumental in formulating trusts and estates law and procedure in New York State. Mr. Scott is recognized as an authority in the area of fiduciary accounting and Surrogate's Court practice and procedure. He is also a frequent panelist and lecturer delivering numerous programs each year on topics related to estate practice and estate litigation to a variety of organizations, including the New York State Judicial Institute, the New York State Bar Association, the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants, the Surrogate's Association, county and local bar associations and other government, business, professional and civic organizations.
Mr. Scott's practice focuses on estate and trust litigation with a particular emphasis on fiduciary accounting and complex issues related to the administration of trusts and estates.
Areas of Practice
- Surrogate's Court Practice and Estate Litigation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New York, 1980
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1981
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1981
- Pace University School of Law, White Plains, New York
- J.D. - 1979
- Marist College, Poughkeepsie, New York
- Major: Environmental Science
- New York Practice Guide - Probate and Estate Administration, Matthew Bender & Co., 1988
- Probate and Administration of New York Estates, New York State Bar Association
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, 9 Judicial District Representative, 2009 - Present
- Surrogate's Court Advisory Committee to the Chief Administrative Judge of the Courts of the State of New York, 1996 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- New York State Westchester County Surrogate's Court, Court Attorney Referee/Chief Clerk, 1988 - 2010