Anne C. Bederka Esq.
212-271-6960 (Additional Phone)
ANNE C. BEDERKA joined the firm of Greenfield Stein & Senior, LLP in 2008 after serving as Principal Law Clerk to Honorable Kristin Booth Glen of the New York County Surrogate's Court. During her tenure at the court, Ms. Bederka conferred with the Surrogate on legal issues, prepared confidential bench memoranda analyzing matters on the court's calendar, advised court attorney-referees with respect to matters pending before the court, advised the various departments (including miscellaneous, probate, accounting, and administration), and presided over court conferences.
Before arriving at the court in 2004, Ms. Bederka was of counsel to Pillsbury Winthrop LLP (now Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP), where she had served in the firm's individual client services department since 1994.
Ms. Bederka's current practice focuses on the representation of fiduciaries and beneficiaries in Surrogate's Court proceedings. She has represented fiduciaries and beneficiaries in numerous proceedings, including:
- Contested trust and estate accounting proceedings.
- Construction and reformation proceedings.
- Proceedings for advice and direction.
- Proceedings for revocation of letters.
- Cy pres proceedings.
- Will and trust contests.
- Original and ancillary probate proceedings.
- Proceedings for compromise of claims
Ms. Bederka is a co-author of Harris 6th Edition New York Estates: Probate Administration and Litigation (2013). She has served as an adjunct professor and guest lecturer at Fordham Law School and in 2012 served as a panelist for the New York State Bar Association's certified training program, "What You Need to Know as a Guardian ad Litem." She has served as court-appointed referee and guardian ad litem in a range of Surrogate's Court matters, from contested probate proceedings and contested accountings to proceedings for construction and reformation of wills and trusts.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Litigation & Appeals
- New York, 1994
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2003
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D. cum laude - May, 1993
- Columbia University, New York, New York
- M.F.A. - January, 1987
- Sarah Lawrence College, Bronxville, New York
- B.A. - May, 1984
- Evidence in Will Contests, Anne C. Bederka and Jeffrey H. Sheetz, New York State Bar Association (Publication Forthcoming)
- Status Determinations: Evidentiary Considerations, Anne C. Bederka, New York State Bar Association, Trusts and Estates Law Section Newsletter, 2009
- Inter Vivos Gifts, Practical Skills: An Introduction to Estate Planning, Anne C. Bederka and Joanne Butler, New York Bar Association, 2003
- Will Drafting - The Fundamentals, Practical Skills: An Introduction to Estate Planning, Daniel J. McSwiggan and Anne C. Bederka, New York State Bar Association, 1999
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, Trusts and Estates Law Section, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Trusts and Estates Law Section, Former Co-Chair, Diversity Committee, 2009 - 2012
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Former Member, Trusts, Estates and Surrogate's Court Committee, 2006 - 2008